Tomatillo braised chicken legs with cilantro lime rice and avocado from Skinnytaste.com
I hope y’all don’t mind the food posts too much because there are plenty more coming your way. On Sunday, Brandon and I are hosting our first Italian Christmas Feast at our house. Our friends will enjoy some homemade italian food made by yours truly. I’ll be sure to share some pictures of the food and decor on the blog next with.
My heart is so heavy over everything that has happened to our country the last few days. When I checked Facebook this morning I was almost in tears reading about what happened in Dallas. We need MORE love and LESS hate.
Our Sunday night was spent watching the Paw Soxs (minor league baseball team in Rhode Island) and this beautiful sunset.
I recently celebrated my one-year anniversary of being a Houston resident, I wanted to do a recap of the last year. I’ll apologize in advance for the long post.
Last year I completed my last two weeks at my previous job, said goodbye to friends, and embarked on a new adventure in a new city. I didn’t have any worry in my heart because I know that God put me on the path, and He would guide me everyday.
I left Dallas on Sunday night, it was supposed to be Sunday afternoon but I kept finding more stuff that I had to load into my little Jetta. To add to the stress of a 4 hour drive with most of your belongings in the car, I had to start work the next morning. Yes, I’m THAT person who moves on a Sunday and starts work on Monday.
Over the last year, I’ve had so much fun and experienced more than I thought I would in a short amount of time. Here are a few highlights of what I have done in the last year!
I had so much fun last year, and I can’t wait to see what else is in store for ! Tonight Brandon and I are headed to Denver to see my brother, sister in law, and sweet little nephew. I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out how I’ve spent the last year!
1. I FINALLY started receiving my magazine subscriptions just in time for the weekend.
2. Leftover pizza for breakfast when you are rushing out the door. #breakfastofchampions
3. My dad bought me this shirt the last time the NY Rangers won the Stanley Cup. For all of you who are wondering when that was, it was in 1994. I wore this shirt on Wednesday night when they defeated the Washington Nationals during overtime in Game 7. My dad said he will buy me a new Rangers shirt when they win the Stanley Cup this year.
4. Next week, I will be snuggling with this handsome boy. I can’t wait to spend Memorial Day weekend in Denver.
5. I can’t wait to see Pitch Perfect 2 on Monday night. I was supposed to see it on Sunday, but the Rockets had to beat LA last night, which means they are playing Game 7 Sunday night. Now that I’m seeing PP2 on Monday, I at least get sushi out of the deal.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! As always, thank you for stopping by!
1. Next weekend we are heading to Fort Worth for our friend’s wedding, so we are trying to find fun things to do throughout the weekend. One thing we know for sure, is that we will be at Chimy’s on Friday. Chimy’s is a staple for any Texas Tech student to enjoy margaritas and nachos. I was able to have my first Chimy’s experience this summer when I went to Lubbock, TX with my boyfriend’s family for Fourth of July. We enjoyed LOTS of margaritas, good food and Dr. Pepper shootouts.
2. Staying in on Friday night to catch up on Scandal and start Season 5 of Game of Thrones. My boyfriend and I attempted to watch it on Monday night, but I was so exhausted that I fell asleep before the opening credits. (Oops!)
3. Stella & Dot’s summer line launched this week, I’m LOVING this bracelet. I think it would be the perfect summer edition for my arm party. Check out the rest of the summer line here.
4. In June, my best friend, Stacey, and I are meeting in Siesta Key/Sarasota, FL for a bestie vacation. I told her when we started planning this, all I need is beach and bestie time, so why not head to beautiful Siesta Key. A tumbler with a Lilly printed monogram screams summer time. I can’t wait for our tumblers to come in. I promise I won’t use mine until we are on the beach. (pinky promise!)
5. On Sunday, April 19th, Lilly Pulitzer for Target line launches. As you can see, I’m obsessed with most of the items. Every piece causes me to daydream about being on the beach and enjoying summer time. Rachel and I will be at Target at 8am when the doors open so we don’t miss out on the Lilly goodies, but I might also shop a little early online just to be on the safe side.
I hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!