My original plan for this post was going to be “Monday Must Have – Lilly Pulitzer for Target Edition”; but the WHOLE line sold out in a matter of minutes. Here is a recap of #PinkSunday, click here. Rachel and I drowned our sorrows at brunch, I’m pretty sure a Bloody Mary and a fried oyster omelet can cure most anything.
Since we are heading to our friend’s wedding this weekend, I thought a wedding guest edition seemed appropriate.
If the wedding is in the spring or summer, opt for a dress that is coral, floral, or anywhere in the blue family. I still love this dress, that I recently talked about. This cobalt colored beauty (it’s under $120) would be perfect, all you have to do is add a statement necklace and some strappy heels and you are set for the night. This floral printed dress is similar to the one I already own, I love the cut of the dress and how appropriately southern it looks.
Don’t wear white, cream, beige, blush or a really pale pink, let the bride have her time to shine!
A few more tips I have learned along the way are:
Do: Bring flip flops to dance in.
Don't: Cry about how badly your feet hurt in 4 inch heels.
Do: Keep your make up simple, and pretty. Remember, less is more.
Don't: Try to recreate an impossible smokey eyed look you saw on Pinterest,
which claims to have a low difficulty level.
Do: Keep your accessories simple, a few bangles, a statement necklace,
or statement earrings.
Don't: Wear statement earrings and a statement necklace at the same time,
you don't want your jewelry to fight against each other.
Do: Plan your spray tan accordingly and shower the residue off.
Don't: Let your spray tan make you look like a zebra on the dance floor.
Do: HAVE FUN! Enjoy your time celebrating the couple that is near and dear to
you! Dance the night away, eat lots of cake, and have a few cocktails.
Don't: Be the wasted friend who doesn't remember the wedding.
Do: Try to save a trinket or a memento from the wedding so you can always
remember the good time you had.
Thanks for stopping by!
1. Next weekend we are heading to Fort Worth for our friend’s wedding, so we are trying to find fun things to do throughout the weekend. One thing we know for sure, is that we will be at Chimy’s on Friday. Chimy’s is a staple for any Texas Tech student to enjoy margaritas and nachos. I was able to have my first Chimy’s experience this summer when I went to Lubbock, TX with my boyfriend’s family for Fourth of July. We enjoyed LOTS of margaritas, good food and Dr. Pepper shootouts.
2. Staying in on Friday night to catch up on Scandal and start Season 5 of Game of Thrones. My boyfriend and I attempted to watch it on Monday night, but I was so exhausted that I fell asleep before the opening credits. (Oops!)
3. Stella & Dot’s summer line launched this week, I’m LOVING this bracelet. I think it would be the perfect summer edition for my arm party. Check out the rest of the summer line here.
4. In June, my best friend, Stacey, and I are meeting in Siesta Key/Sarasota, FL for a bestie vacation. I told her when we started planning this, all I need is beach and bestie time, so why not head to beautiful Siesta Key. A tumbler with a Lilly printed monogram screams summer time. I can’t wait for our tumblers to come in. I promise I won’t use mine until we are on the beach. (pinky promise!)
5. On Sunday, April 19th, Lilly Pulitzer for Target line launches. As you can see, I’m obsessed with most of the items. Every piece causes me to daydream about being on the beach and enjoying summer time. Rachel and I will be at Target at 8am when the doors open so we don’t miss out on the Lilly goodies, but I might also shop a little early online just to be on the safe side.
I hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
I have to say, I’m obsessed with jewelry, always have been, always will be. I love how a statement necklace or a pair of earrings can change refresh an outfit you have worn a ton of times or help transition from fall to spring.
This necklace will be an easy staple for work and weekend wear.
Kendra Scott: Rayne Necklace, other colors here
Own this and I LOVE it! I probably wear it a few times a week with tee shirts, or this top (almost sold out), or with dresses. It also comes in silver and rose gold.
Stella & Dot: Rebel Pendant
Own them and LOVE them! A pair of simple studs are so easy for spring and summer. I like wearing mine with my chambray top or anytime I want a pop of color without making a loud statement.
Stella & Dot: Janice Studs
The Long Island girl in me loves gold hoops. They go with EVERYTHING! I own these as well and LOVE them! They transition well between work to happy hour and all seasons.
Stella & Dot: Orbit Hoops
The Southern girl in me wants to monogram everything; pillows, shorts, sweatshirts, koozies, iPhone cases, and the list goes on. I love to gift monogram pieces to my friends for birthdays, anniversaries or a wedding gift. I love the personal touch they provide. I have the above monogram and love to wear it when I am pairing it with a statement earring, like these. Turquoise and monograms, can I be anymore southern?
Personalized Necklace: Monogram//Stella & Dot: Engraveable Bar//Stella & Dot: Engraveable Disc
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!