I recently celebrated my one-year anniversary of being a Houston resident, I wanted to do a recap of the last year. I’ll apologize in advance for the long post.
Last year I completed my last two weeks at my previous job, said goodbye to friends, and embarked on a new adventure in a new city. I didn’t have any worry in my heart because I know that God put me on the path, and He would guide me everyday.
I left Dallas on Sunday night, it was supposed to be Sunday afternoon but I kept finding more stuff that I had to load into my little Jetta. To add to the stress of a 4 hour drive with most of your belongings in the car, I had to start work the next morning. Yes, I’m THAT person who moves on a Sunday and starts work on Monday.
Over the last year, I’ve had so much fun and experienced more than I thought I would in a short amount of time. Here are a few highlights of what I have done in the last year!
I had so much fun last year, and I can’t wait to see what else is in store for ! Tonight Brandon and I are headed to Denver to see my brother, sister in law, and sweet little nephew. I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out how I’ve spent the last year!
1. I FINALLY started receiving my magazine subscriptions just in time for the weekend.
2. Leftover pizza for breakfast when you are rushing out the door. #breakfastofchampions
3. My dad bought me this shirt the last time the NY Rangers won the Stanley Cup. For all of you who are wondering when that was, it was in 1994. I wore this shirt on Wednesday night when they defeated the Washington Nationals during overtime in Game 7. My dad said he will buy me a new Rangers shirt when they win the Stanley Cup this year.
4. Next week, I will be snuggling with this handsome boy. I can’t wait to spend Memorial Day weekend in Denver.
5. I can’t wait to see Pitch Perfect 2 on Monday night. I was supposed to see it on Sunday, but the Rockets had to beat LA last night, which means they are playing Game 7 Sunday night. Now that I’m seeing PP2 on Monday, I at least get sushi out of the deal.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! As always, thank you for stopping by!
2. Nordstrom is one of my FAVORITE retailers, and it’s not because I worked there for 6 years. I first started shopping at Nordstrom because the sweetest girl ever, Lauren, whoalways helped me pick out the cutest clothes. If she wasn’t there, I didn’t buy a thing. If you have a Nordstrom card, you will receive 3x the points for very net dollar you spend from now until May 10th.
3. I am SO excited that Brandon and I got tickets to see Garth Brooks when he comes to Houston in June. My mom is a big Garth Brooks fan, so it was constantly playing in our house. I have to admit, “Calling Baton Rouge” might be one of my favorites.
4. Tacos A Go Go is my favorite go to for breakfast tacos on the weekend. They are so yummy and really cheap for the size of the tacos you get. If you are in Midtown Houston, you really need to check them out.
5. I wish I could celebrate Mother’s Day with my mom, but I’ll have to settle for a FaceTime date.
With Mother’s Day quickly approaching, I wanted to compile a few items and ideas for you to share with your mom.
Kendra Scott recently launched a Birthstone Charmsline, which would be the perfect addition to your mom’s favorite necklace. All of her children or grandchildren can be included. The best part is, they are $15 each!
Nordstrom, also known as my favorite store of all time, makes Mother’s Day shopping super easy with their list of the Top 100 Gifts for Mom. A few ideas that I love are. . .
If your mom is like my mom who would much rather receive a card and spend the day together, I have a few ideas for you as well. You can be tourists in your own city, eat lunch at your mom’s favorite restaurant, go shopping, but most importantly just be together. Mother’s Day is all about showing your mom how much you love and appreciate everything she has done for you, even before you were born.
3. A Saturday pool day to enjoy a mint julep and enhance the bronzing process. Nothing says “let’s put on a bikini” after eating pizza, but oh well.
4. Don’t forget that Mother’s Day is next Sunday, May 10th. A personalized gift is always my go-to. Stella & Dot offers some great monogram options. This oneis my favorite! You can engrave it for all of the moms, mommas, grannys, mumzys, grandmas, and any other woman in your life that you couldn’t live without.
5. My sweet friend, Lauren gave me a gift card for my birthday to treat myself. I took full advantage of it, and had a pedicure during my lunch break. Now have some pretty pink toes to start off the weekend. Thanks Lauren!!